Tuesday, November 8, 2011

If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all

Living in New England has it's moments for sure, some good and some not so good.  Up here we have the changing of the seasons, good trout fishing, scenic hills and all sorts of stimulation for the senses. Now snow is a part of life here in the North East, we get dumped on quite a bit through out the winter and that goes without saying. However when we get shit on all over by 2 feet of snow in late October that is not normal. Due to all the damage to property and nearly the entire state loosing power and heat it became a state of emergency. I am writing this 9 days after the storm, I am stealing my wifi signal from  someone, somewhere (sshhh) and I just got power back on thanks to some wonderful good ol' boys from South Carolina who came all the way up here to assist the inept and incredibly poorly run CL&P.  Much of the state is still without electricity and heat, there is quite a bit of damage to homes and other property and a few people have indeed lost their lives.  My home still stands and and my friends and family are quite alive so it could be much worse. However my neighbors 300 foot oak tree lost the battle to snow and gravity and turned my Nissan into a scrap metal. When all was said and done it turned out to be a town tree and I appear to be shit out of luck. According to insurance law it's an act of god(it would appear that insurance companies can place blame on an invisible man in the sky) and no one's liable or responsible. In short I'm fucked and out a good deal of money. But I'm trying to take an enlightened approach to all this and stay positive. Tings always seem to work out in the long run but don't get me wrong this ones a bitch.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment