Monday, September 12, 2011

A Bird In Hand...

Keeping true to my inconsistent posting schedule.... A new post. Here's a pair of birds that I've inscribed into the flesh for a couple of delightful clients not too long back. I don't think they could possibly be any different from each other: one inspired by a Hokusai woodblock print and the other a piece of vintage Guinness Beer advertising. To my great delight a fine gentlemen came in one day with the toucan request. When I was a young lad there was an Irish bar/pizza restaurant my father would take me to where the walls of the establishment were covered with vintage Guinness posters and the toucan always stuck in my mind and have always wanted to tattoo the image, so in a way executing this tattoo was one of those serendipitous events.



No comments:

Post a Comment