Monday, May 9, 2011

momento mori

It's been a few since I last posted and I'm nearly certain it's of no consequence to the universe and all that's contained within. None the less, here are a pair of images to distract those who are in need of a distraction.

First, a traditional skull on a gentlemen's neck. As a general principle I attempt to avoid tattooing the necks of individuals whom have ample room elsewhere on their bodies, alas, I enjoy tattooing skulls far too much to decline, as well as the fact the person in question is a fairly regular client of mine so I obliged.



In the realm of non flesh based arts, I have recently completed this small oil on canvas painting of skulls and chrysanthemums. I believe it to be quite successful, particularly the lighting and overall ambiance. The reflected light from the camera's flash has washed it out slightly but here it is none the less.



No comments:

Post a Comment